The process has not been easy. I had gotten the WordPress blog integrated with Rails. It was all upgraded and ready for vendor branch management. The final bit of annoyance was when I started the blog up and began receiving what appeared to be wp-cache errors with the following various keywords:
Permission denied, couldn’t write, wp-cache, fopen
This just didn’t make sense because, well, like a good little WordPress administrator I disabled all of my plugins, including wp-cache, before transferring the blog’s code to Slicehost. The forum at asmallorange.com to the rescue:
Edit wp-config.php and remove both of these:
define(‘WP_CACHE’, true); define(‘ENABLE_CACHE’, true);
In my case, I only had the “WP_CACHE” line in my wp-config.php file, but it has since been removed and there was much rejoicing.