Four years baby. Soon the blog will be toting a lunch pail and school bag, off to decades of education. Next thing I know, my little baby will be married and have little blogs of its own. Blog, you grow up so fast!
Top visited blog posts written in the past year:
- Rails auto select text field tag
- A model diagram for your Rails application
- My foray into has_many_polymorphs
- When single-table inheritance attacks
- A Rails way to popup secondary windows
- Rails migration max key length error in MySQL
- Make sure to properly scope your Ruby mixins
- Rails before_destroy_gotcha
- Clements Auto Mankato sucks
- Calling MailBuild AddWithCustomFields with Ruby
As you can see, the popularity of this blog is directly related to what problems I’ve had with Ruby on Rails and people who search Google for the same issues. This is kind of unfortunate in some ways. It makes the blog pretty much narrative-free. But I’m still happy to have helped those who needed it.
While 2008‘s posts have been much more rare, I think there are some gems in there. Going forward, I hope to include a mix of posts explaining a solved problem, displaying a new technique, and generally talking about the unique work life I live with day-to-day.